Sunday 23 February 2014

Feb 2014

It has been a rather wet time, and to be honest not a lot going on. The odd day has been dry, and have managed to get some iron and fertiliser on in the last few days.

All in all depressing!!

But saying that soil temperatures are between 5 and 6 degrees C, and now we are having 12 hours day light a day. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hoping for an early spring!

I have applied an organic granular fertiliser, but only a 20kgs bag. So hopefully it will give the sward a little lift and get it away.

The very wet, but mild winter, has resulted in ideal conditions for moss! The continuously overcast days = low light levels + mild weather, the perfect conditions for moss growth.

But we must look forward and not backwards! So I have now everything in stock to get going as and when the weather allows.

The Club's mower will go for a service / sharpen the first week in March, and then I will be ready!

I must say I am looking forward to the 2014 season, I find it rather exciting; a new challenge; a great green to pit my skills, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment